Describe a person you know who protects the environment
You should say:
Who this person is
What he or she does to protect the environment
How difficult it is to do that
And explain how you feel about the things this person does.
This person could be anyone acquainted with you, strongly aware of the importance of protecting the environment and good at doing it.
They could be your friends, family, or anyone who is role model of environmental protection.
The person I want to talk about is the Hollywood superstar, Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo’s acting career went stellar after playing the lead in the movie Titanic. Like many others, I also get to know him since then. But now in my mind, he is now more than an actor but a high-profile environmentalist.
As DiCaprio's acting career matured later, he continued his parallel life as an environmental activist, speaking at colleges and campaigning on behalf of John Kerry in the 2004 presidential campaign. And for his new documentary, he has mustered the likes of Stephen Hawking, Bill McKibben, David Suzuki, Mikhail Gorbachev and Wangari Maathai to take part. He even limited his own appearance in the film. I guess that’s because he didn’t want the audience to pay much attention to him rather than the theme of the film — why should we protect the environment and how to do it. It is really a powerful call to arm for our species to protect the environment a great deal better.
His primary aim, he says, is to raise awareness, not to preach. It's not about imposing a certain belief system or a way of life on people in any economic background. It's about just being aware of this issue - that's the most important thing – and I totally agree with him.
I believe that there are difficulties and obstacles on Leo’s road of becoming an environmentalist. Combining the completely opposed worlds of the A-list Hollywood star and the impassioned environmentalist is a fraught, sometimes contradictory process, but DiCaprio has pulled it off. He does not care much about what others think, but sets the goal and did it. And I guess that’s why I like him the most among all the Hollywood stars.
What’s more, his next eco-project is already in production - he's a producer for a Discovery Channel show called Eco-Town, which records how a Kansas town devastated by a tornado in 2006 attempts to rebuild itself as a "model of green living". I would definitely want to see it.
1) 副词总结：totally 完全，彻底；completely 完全，彻底；definitely 绝对，肯定
2) 地道搭配：go stellar 走红，大红大紫；on behalf of 代表；presidential campaign 总统竞选；a powerful call 强劲的号召；impose...on 将某事强加于；pull it off 完成，做成
3) 宾语从句：He does not care much about what（先行词） others think, but sets the goal and did it.
4) 宾语从句：I believe that（先行词） there are difficulties and obstacles on Leo’s road of becoming an environmentalist.
5) 定语从句：... he's a producer for a Discovery Channel show called Eco-Town, which（先行词） records how a Kansas town devastated by a tornado...
6) 高分词汇：high-profile 高调的；parallel 平行的；activist 激进分子；muster 召集；impose 强加于；obstacle 障碍，困难；impassioned 充满激情的；fraught 不愉快的，焦虑的；devastated 被摧毁，毁坏的